- Hand-Made Mark Davis Bangles In Vintage Bakelite With Bezel-Set Gems
- Pale Swimming Pool Blue Aquamarine Ring With Rosy Ruby Accents
- Fancy A Chanel Ring? Here Is A Pearl And Gold Version For You
- Vock and Vintage Bespoke And One-Off Pieces And Vintage Jewelry
- A Fancy Vivid Orangy Yellow Diamond Ring At Auction
An ebullient, cheerful Cartier cocktail or dinner ring for you to enjoy. Would you wear it? You would have to be prepared to get into playful or extrovert mode I think! This ring makes a big statement.
It’s a mid-century model, 1960-69, with an 18K gold band. A raised bombe style panel of turquoise cabochons is set in amongst gold spiky bits (if there’s a jewelry term for that effect, I’m not sure what it would be… it’s great texture anyway, in amongst the turquoise). The turquoise panel is bordered with a twisted rope pattern in gold. Rounded shoulders on either side of the tuquoise panel are pave-set with diamonds and also bordered with gold in a twisted rope pattern. The ring has a gadrooned (sort of fluted) shank.
It’s for sale on 1stDibs as I write, for a hefty price of $48,234.60AUD. It’s Size 7-1/2 and can be re-sized. It is signed, Cartier.
A similar ring (with sapphires) is pictured in Amazing Cartier, Jewelry Design Since 1937, by Nadine Coleno, Flammarion Publishers, 2008, page 165.
Information and images courtesy 1stDibs .
No commissions are paid to the Jewelry Gig for sharing this information, or on the sale of jewelry as a result of sharing this information.