- Celebrating Queen Victoria’s 50 Year Reign With A Jubilee Brooch
- Three Pairs Of Ear Clips, Sotheby’s London June Fine Jewels Auction
- Trifari – Making Costume Jewelry Since The 1910s
- Selected Pieces From Sotheby’s Auction Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels
- Diamonds And Demantoids, A Spectacular Pairing Of Gems
Diamonds, Sapphires And Platinum In This Ornate Art Deco Ring
Retaining some of the airy lightness and flow of the Edwardian period, but with a strongly geometric structure, this ornate ring transits into the Art Deco style. Pierced openwork in an oblong, with a central round bezel-set diamond. Four square blue sapphires are channel-set in a line on each side of the centre diamond. Four round diamonds are set on each filigree end and there is extensive millegrain edging defining the filigree and the settings for the gems. All the diamonds are old mine-cut.
Offered for sale by Matthew Bullock Auctioneers on Live Auctioneers, the ring’s value has been appraised at $7,500.
Jewelry images and information on this page courtesy of Matthew Bullock Auctioneers on Live Auctioneers