- Two Brooches Show How Georges Fouquet Adapted To Changing Styles
- Beauties From The Archives Of The Jewelry Gig Facebook Page
- A Striking Amethyst, Turquoise And Diamond Ring, Cartier, Paris 1989
- Colourful Rings And A Brooch From Sotheby’s In October
- Victorian Earrings With Natural Pearl, Cultured Pearl and Diamond
From James Alfredson, we have this bright and bold (typically Retro design) aquamarine and diamond ring c.1935. It’s an assymmetrical design with a large sky blue step cut aquamarine on one side, with the other side, as written the James Alfredson website – “a concave top set with old and rose cut diamonds in arcs, curves and bands on the other side above a half curved arch and scrolled finial mount.” A wonderful ring for making an entrance!
Below we have a video explaining just what the Retro – or retro Modern – period was all about, and the ring images below the video.
Jewelry information and images courtesy James Alfredson
Video – YouTube.