- A Couple Of Fine Picks From Heritage Auctions Holiday Fine Jewelry Auction
- Not Just Another Bow Brooch… It’s A Little Beauty!
- An Assymetrical Tiffany & Co Diamond And Sapphire Art Deco Ring
- Art Deco Ring With Solitaire Diamond, Baguette And Smaller Diamond Accents
- Vintage Valentino Turquoise And Pink Rhinestone Earrings 1980s
Lovely Art Deco Brooch With Blue Zircons and Diamonds, by Walton & Co
Offered by James ALfredson, Melbourne
This beautifully made Art Deco brooch features natural vivid blue zircons – a larger one of 12.4 carats in the centre, flanked by two smaller stones each approximately 7 carats. It is an early Art Deco piece, with terminals designed as stylised flowers, and with piercing and milgrain edges in the diamond-set platinum surround.
Natural blue zircons were (understandably – they are gorgeous!) fashionable in the 1920s. These zircons are the most desirable vivid blue colour, but they can range from a pale aquamarine colour. In this case, the colour contrast between the zircons and the white of the diamonds creates a strking contrast.
(Information and image: James Alfredson)
Next page for a stunning bar brooch with rubies…