- Vock and Vintage Bespoke And One-Off Pieces And Vintage Jewelry
- This Vibrant Retro Ring Is just Waiting for You To Get Over Here And Admire It!
- A Classic Art Deco Platinum Ring With Diamonds And Emeralds
- There’s Nothing So Glam As A Pair Of Dangly Earrings
- Emerald, The Green Beryl Gemstone, In Sotheby’s Fine Jewels June 2017
An Art Deco Ring Featuring Diamonds and a Glowing Ruby
Offered by Romanov Russia
This Art Deco ring is set with an absolutely stunning central ruby, Burmese (Myanmar) in origin, unheated, 2.6 carats in size and thus extremely rare. Very early Art Deco, the ring is dated c.1915 and the feature stone, an oval mixed cut natural ruby of 2.6 carats, is surrounded by old mine cut diamonds. The gems are set in platinum with a white gold shank. The design is not as geometric as later Art Deco styles, but there’s piercing and some milgrain edging to define the patterns. The openwork gallery of this ring harks back to the Edwardian style, with scrolling patterns and decorative swirls.
The ring size is 6.25, and it is still available to purchase from Romanov Russia. Image and information courtesy Romanov Russia.