- A Cartier Art Deco Ruby And Diamond Clip Brooch Auctioned By Christie’s
- Two Victorian Era Austro-Hungarian Link Bracelets
- Emerald, The Green Beryl Gemstone, In Sotheby’s Fine Jewels June 2017
- A Buccellati Sapphire and Diamond Ring With Ornate Openwork
- Dangly Vintage Earrings With Lapis Lazuli And Gold
Antique 10 ct Ceylon Sapphire and Diamond Ring c.1840…
The magical quality of gems is embodied in this ring, offered by Romanov Russia at a price of $26,000.
It features the most amazing sapphire, the colour so delicate, the stone limpid and clear. It is so clear and light that in the first image below, the shank of the ring is visible through the sapphire.
In 14K gold, the ring features a 10.09 ct sparkling sky-blue natural untreated sapphire of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) origin. The sapphire is framed by old rose-cut diamonds set in silver over gold. The shank of the ring is a later replacement.
An AGL report for the sapphire accompanies this ring, which is size 8 (18 mm) and is re-sizable.
Images and video of the ring are below. The video is short but shows the quality of the gemstone.