- An Art Deco Blue Sapphire, Diamond And Platinum Ring
- Two Striking Pieces From The Duchess of Windsor’s Jewelry Collection
- Two Pairs Of Antique Emerald Drop Earrings With Pearls
- A White And Grey Pearl Multicolour Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, And Diamond Bracelet
- Mario Buccellati Retro Gold And Turquoise Engraved Earrings
An Antique c.1890 Marquise Cut Diamond Ring From Bell & Bird
This antique marquise cut diamond ring from Bell & Bird has a double halo design, in 18K gold. The central diamond is surrounded by rose cut diamonds. It’s French in origin, dated c.1890 and so elegant, with its fine openwork undergallery, delicately curved motif on the shoulders, and slender marquise cut.
The 18K yellow gold bezel around the central diamond accents it nicely, contrasting with the cool colour of (what I assume is) platinum. The grooved shank creates a visual flow and a further discreetly decorative element.
Jewelry images and information on this page courtesy Bell & Bird