- Art Deco Ring With Solitaire Diamond, Baguette And Smaller Diamond Accents
- Dashing And Discreet – Two Bracelets, Very Different In Character
- Three Pieces Of Jewelry From Paris Couture Week January 2017
- Rene Boivin’s Ruby And Diamond Camellia Brooch c.1938
- The Victorian Reign And Its Three Eras, And Three Victorian Rings
Circa 1910, the bangle bracelet is a 14K gold piece, embellished with an elaborate platinum and diamond openwork design applied over a royal blue guilloche enamel ground – the metal underneath enamel is engraved and the design shows through the translucent enamel coat as a shadowy added texture and patterning. The sides of the bracelet are hand-engraved with stylized flowers.
Applique is something more often associated with textiles, but in this case a platinum milgrain framework is attached as a top layer and set with sparkling bright white old European cut diamonds.
The images below show the back of this applique work – very neat! – and the side of the bracelet with clasp and security chain.
The estimated total diamond weight is 3.15 ct. Weight of the bracelet itself is 37.74 grams. Width at the widest point is 36 mm (1 7/16 in.) Inner circumference is 17 cm (6 3/4 in.)