- The Difference Between Art Deco And Edwardian Jewelry
- Michael Kneebone Turquoise, Zircon, Opal, And Amazonite Earrings
- Pearls And Diamonds Together… Do They Hang Loose, Or Fizz!?
- Swiss-based de Grisogono Breaks Records At Christies’ Recent Sale
- Ruby Paste In A Victorian Ring And An Edwardian Bracelet
A Whimsical Gem-Set And Diamond Sculpture By David Webb
This outrageously cute and whimsical sculptural piece was offered for sale in 2012 by Sotheby’s in their Magnificent Jewels auction in Geneva. With its perky tail and cheeky red nose, this vintage 1967 sculpture is bound to please.
Sotheby’s MAGNIFICENT JEWELS – GENEVA – NOVEMBER 14TH, 2012 (PART 1)
Lot 190 – Gem set and diamond sculpture, David Webb
Estimate: 70,000 – 120,000 CHF Lot Sold: 140,500 CHF ($148,771.24 USD)
Designed as a flying fish, the body composed of an abalone pearl, set with various gemstone including cabochon rubies, cushion-shaped emeralds, circular- and single-cut diamonds, resting upon a polished coral branch and cascading algae applied with translucent green enamel, signed David Webb 1967, measuring 130 x 65 x 190mm.
Thaks to Sotheby’s and Jewels du Jour for information and image..