- Fine Art Deco Jewelry From A Private European Collection
- Two More Pairs of Earrings, Jewelry Treasures From Sotheby’s
- Yellow Sapphire And Diamond Jewelry By Oscar Heyman And Brothers
- A White And Grey Pearl Multicolour Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, And Diamond Bracelet
- Old And New Jewelry At Sotheby’s October Sale In Hong Kong
Emerald, The Green Beryl Gemstone
There were a good number of emeralds for sale at Sotheby’s ‘Fine Jewels’ auction in London, June 2017. Below are a few of the pieces set with emeralds that caught my eye. They are all combined with diamonds – such a wonderful pairing. They are all undated.
1. This first piece is a sprightly brooch, bursting with dynamic energy and plenty of fire and brilliance. Designed as a stylised bow with a great deal of leeway in the representation of that often flamboyant object, with the marquise-shaped diamonds shooting off the emerald ‘knot’ in the centre like rockets! We don’t mind if there are inclusions in an emerald and this one shows quite a few.
Lot 81 Emerald and diamond brooch
Estimate 8,000 — 12,000 GBP LOT SOLD. 10,500 GBP (Hammer Price with Buyer’s Premium)
Designed as a bow, claw-set with a step-cut emerald flanked by marquise-shaped diamonds, partial French assay and marker’s marks.
More emeralds over the page…