- Art Deco Ring With Solitaire Diamond, Baguette And Smaller Diamond Accents
- Pearl, Ruby And Diamond Renaissance Revival Style Ring c.1880
- Victorian Diamond And Black Enamel Mourning Pendant Locket
- Two Pendants Worn During The Belle Epoque Period
- Victorian Snake Jewelry And Two Twisty Serpent Brooches
An antique Victorian period European ‘Giardinetto’ ruby and diamond ring
Offered for sale by James Alfredson a Giardinetto ring c.1890, probably from Austria or Hungary and described as follows:
“An oval faceted deep pinkish red ruby (est. 1.25 cts.) blossoms at the top of the old cut diamond set “leaves” of the miniature plant set in gold and silver to a gold band with diamond-set shoulders.
Giardinetto rings , literally “a small garden ring” sometimes called “a little flower pot” where the plant usually with diamond although sometimes green emerald leaves rose up the finger to a coloured gem or pearl “flower” flourished in the nineteenth century and earlier centuries but are now rare. Giardinetto rings, one of the prettiest antique rings, are avidly collected. Stamped with the Austro-Hungarian RAO indicating provenance.” Ref no. 20000516, with further details and links for enquiries about purchase on the James Alfredson website.