- Three Pairs Of Ear Clips, Sotheby’s London June Fine Jewels Auction
- The Mysterious And Precious Pearl, A June Birthstone
- The Sparkle Of Emerald And Diamond Art Deco
- A Cartier (Big) Statement Cocktail Ring In Gold, Platinum, Turquoise And Diamonds
- An Art Deco Platinum Engagement Ring c.1920, Madison Square
A Bow Brooch Worth Adding To Your Collection…
What’s not to like about this stunning Art Deco bow brooch, c.1930s, built in platinum and set with diamonds and emeralds?
In this delightful handcrafted brooch from Romanov Russia, the diamonds form a border to the ‘ribbon’ and are also set in a pattern of circles with radiating pierced spokes, milgrain edged, with the spaces between filled with calibre-cut emeralds of a particularly vivid green. Total diamond weight is an estimated 1 carat and the approximate emerald karat weight is 1.3 carats. It is 46 mm wide.
This is a brooch you would love for itself – not just because it’s a great example of a bow brooch from Art Deco times, but because it oozes style and elegance. Scrumptious.