- A Peek At Gina Lollobrigida’s Jewelry Collection On Her 90th Birthday, 4th July
- Victorian Era Cufflinks – Fine Jewelry For Gentlemen
- Vock & Vintage at Aspen Antiques, Jewelry, Automobiles & Fine Arts Fair
- A Glittering Bulgari Serpent Ring With Diamond Head
- Coral, Vividly Coloured Treasure From The Sea
A Selection of Rings From Sotheby’s, Featuring Coloured Gems…
As might be expected, Sotheby’s Fine Jewels auction, scheduled to take place in London on 7 June 2017 has some remarkable jewels on offer, including several rings featuring coloured gems. Here is a selection from the catalogue.
A Margherita Burgener Tourmaline and Diamond Ring
This ring is of floral design, set with a circular-cut pink tourmaline, the pistils collet-set with circular-cut diamonds. The petals look to be made with glass. Marguerite Burgener jewelry is designed and manufactured in a family workshop in Valencia, Italy.
Signed Margherita Burgener, with Italian assay and maker’s marks. with an estimate of Estimate 3,500 — 5,500 GBP.
A Gem Set Ring, ‘Coco’, by Chanel
A cushion-shaped citrine is set in the centre of the ring, with surrounding buff top peridots and iolites.
Size L, signed Chanel, numbered, French assay and maker’s marks, with an estimate of 2,600 — 4,200 GBP.
Chanel launched her first fine jewelry in the early 1930s. In contrast to her sleek and subtle clothing, her preference in jewely was bold and theatrical, well suited to that of Fulco di Verdura who created some of Chanel’s most recognisable jewelry.