- Late Victorian Circular Brooches With Pearls And Diamonds
- Yellow Sapphire And Diamond Jewelry By Oscar Heyman And Brothers
- A Maltese Cross Pendant With Diamonds Set In Silver Over Gold
- A Victorian Era Bangle Bracelet With Old European Cut Diamonds
- A Peek At Gina Lollobrigida’s Jewelry Collection On Her 90th Birthday, 4th July
Sotheby’s has a jewelry auction happening next week, on 15th November 2017, in Geneva. We’ll take a look at just a few of the jewels for sale in the Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale, but let’s start with something spectacular, the Donnersmarck diamonds.
The Donnersmarck Diamonds
The Donnersmarck Diamonds are two huge yellow gemstones (one is 102 carats), cut to great effect. The stones themselves are stunning, but so is the story behind them. Watch this short, 2 min sec video to see the diamonds and hear about the Comtesse Von Donnersmarck and her collection.
A courtesan, a Count and a legendary collection of jewels – discover the extraordinary story of the ‘ Donnersmarck Diamonds’, a highlight of Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale on 15 November 2017 in Geneva. (text and video credit: Sotheby’s)
After you have watched the dazzling diamonds in the video above, check out the mellow grey and white pearls accented with brilliant-cut diamonds on the Next Page. Van Cleef & Arpels have outdone themselves!