- Archaeological Revival Gold, Pearl and Turquoise Locket Pendant
- Three Finely Carved Rock Crystal Brooches From Vienna
- A Cartier (Big) Statement Cocktail Ring In Gold, Platinum, Turquoise And Diamonds
- Aquamarine And Amethyst Jewels Coming Up For Auction At Tajan, Paris
- A Victorian Pink Topaz, Enamel And Diamond Brooch
Sotheby’s has a jewelry auction happening next week, on 15th November 2017, in Geneva. We’ll take a look at just a few of the jewels for sale in the Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale, but let’s start with something spectacular, the Donnersmarck diamonds.
The Donnersmarck Diamonds
The Donnersmarck Diamonds are two huge yellow gemstones (one is 102 carats), cut to great effect. The stones themselves are stunning, but so is the story behind them. Watch this short, 2 min sec video to see the diamonds and hear about the Comtesse Von Donnersmarck and her collection.
A courtesan, a Count and a legendary collection of jewels – discover the extraordinary story of the ‘ Donnersmarck Diamonds’, a highlight of Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale on 15 November 2017 in Geneva. (text and video credit: Sotheby’s)
After you have watched the dazzling diamonds in the video above, check out the mellow grey and white pearls accented with brilliant-cut diamonds on the Next Page. Van Cleef & Arpels have outdone themselves!