- Emerald, The Green Beryl Gemstone, In Sotheby’s Fine Jewels June 2017
- The Fabulous ‘Fake’ Kenneth Jay Lane And His Sparkling ‘Fake’ Jewelry
- Mario Buccellati Retro Gold And Turquoise Engraved Earrings
- David Webb Carved Emerald Diamond And Gold Bracelet
- Ruby Paste In A Victorian Ring And An Edwardian Bracelet
Sparkling Emerald And Sapphire Jewelry
In the selection of jewelry below, the emeralds sparkle as green as ever, but the sapphires come in all sorts of colours, including the very rare pinkish orange of the padparascha sapphire from Sri Lanka, named (with a Sinhalese word) after the colour of the lotus flower.
1. A 1950s Emerald, Diamond and Platinum Ring
Jacob’s Diamond & Estate Jewelry via 1st Dibs
Hmmm – a scrumptious ring! A 1950s sparkling emerald swirl, with enough chunky platinum to augment the 18K gold and make it very cool indeed.
“…1950s emerald and diamond ring crafted in 18-karat gold and platinum. The design features a round diamond weighing approximately 0.60 carat, approximately H color and VS – SI clarity, encircled by a course of calibrated emeralds channel-set in 18-karat yellow gold to the shoulders which are further augmented by geometric platinum motifs set with six additional smaller diamonds.” (Text & Images by Jacob’s Diamond & Estate Jewelry via 1st Dibs)
2. Cartier Sapphire and Diamond Ear Clips
MAGNIFICENT JEWELS GENEVA
Sigh, if only earclips didn’t pinch so much, I’d put this pair of sapphire and diamond ear clips on like a shot. Never mind – it’s nice just to look and imagine. They sold for $23,391 USD.
“Each set with an oval sapphire, to a stylised bow motif set with single- and brilliant-cut diamonds, mounted in gold and platinum, signed Cartier Paris and numbered, French assay and maker’s marks.” (Text & image via Sotheby’s)
More Cartier emeralds and sapphires on the Next Page…