- A Few Pieces Of Vintage Jewelry Featuring Emeralds And Rubies
- A Sparkler Of A Cocktail Ring By Van Cleef & Arpels
- A Gold Brooch Pendant With Rubies, Emeralds, Diamonds And Pearls
- Victorian (Corset) Bracelets Are Not Always Straitlaced!
- Early Twentieth Century Diamond And Sapphire Bar Brooch By Krementz
Eye-catching necklaces from the 1960s and 1970s
Several necklaces and pendants were offered at Sotheby’s ‘Fine Jewels’ auction, held London.
It was a fascinating package. Most interesting (if not necessarily the aesthetic that most appealed) was the group of 1960s and 1970s pieces, several of which you’ll find below.
There were moments when I felt I’d unwittingly strayed into the 1980s, tripping over gold ropes and braids, and over-the-top combinations of colours and gems.
1. First up (because I have to confess it’s my favourite) is a dramatic and theatrical Sterlé demi-parure, with a wonderfully graceful execution of a cross-over design, featuring diamonds and feathers. A variation of the cross-over motif continues on to the ear clips, which sit vertically as sprightly little quiffs carrying the upward-springing line of the fanned feather necklace design. Gorgeous.