- Two Striking Pieces From The Duchess of Windsor’s Jewelry Collection
- Yellow Sapphire And Diamond Jewelry By Oscar Heyman And Brothers
- Earrings To Complement Belle Epoque Fashion
- A Ring In Suffragette Colours From The Glorious Antique Jewelry Collection
- Vock & Vintage at Aspen Antiques, Jewelry, Automobiles & Fine Arts Fair
The auction itself
Ever wondered what it would be like to sit in a Christies auction room as a $33M diamond was being auctioned? Here’s a snapshot! We can only imagine the tight security in place…
Bringing the stone to life…
Fawaz Gruosi oversaw the process – from cutting of the rough stone, to the finished High Jewellery necklace, the final design for which was chosen in February 2017. Fourteen highly-skilled artisans spent 1,700 hours creating this astonishing necklace.
The feature diamond was mined from Angola, by Australian mining company Lucapa Diamond Company, whch complied with the Kimberley Process certification authority.
DE GRISOGONO’s strategic partner, international rough diamond trader Nemesis, will be donating 1% of the hammer price from the sale of ‘Creation 1’ to support the construction of a primary school and health centre in the vicinity of the Lulo mine.
For more information about the history of Grisogono itself, go to the next page…
Image and information: de Grisogono