- Boghossian Jewelry At Masterpiece London 2017
- A Cartier Art Deco Ruby And Diamond Clip Brooch Auctioned By Christie’s
- An Art Deco Platinum, Diamond and Ruby Dress Ring c.1940
- A Gold Brooch Pendant With Rubies, Emeralds, Diamonds And Pearls
- Swiss-based de Grisogono Breaks Records At Christies’ Recent Sale
The lovely violet purple quartz crystal we call amethyst… it’s been included in royal collections across the ages, from ancient times to the British Royal Collection. It was always one of the gems used in Bishop’s rings in the Christian church and there are a number of biblical references to this stone. There was a time when it was valued as highly as diamonds. Although its monetary value has tumbled as more amethyst was found and it became plentiful, it has lost neither its popularity, nor an appreciation of its beauty.
So let’s appreciate the beautiful amethyst in three vintage pieces featured below and on the following page
A Retro Amethyst and Diamond Cocktail Ring c.1950
A La Vieille Russie offers this monumental platinum Retro cocktail ring with approximately 50 ct of Siberian amethyst supported by verticals set with baguette-cut diamonds. It’s American, created c.1950 and is for sale at a price of $24,500.
Jewelry information and images courtesy A La Vieille Russie .