- A Selection Of Jewelry Featuring Rose-Coloured Rhodolite Garnet
- Three Pairs Of Ear Clips, Sotheby’s London June Fine Jewels Auction
- A Sparkler Of A Cocktail Ring By Van Cleef & Arpels
- A Fin De Siecle Egyptian Revival Necklace By Guillemin Freres
- Pearl, Ruby And Diamond Renaissance Revival Style Ring c.1880
Offered by Kunsthandel Inez Stodel: period jewellery – antiques, these two pairs of cufflinks would grace any sleeve.
The first pair of gold moiré cufflinks is still for sale as I write – they’re 18K gold with a moiré pattern (a textile term referring to a rippled look, after heat and pressure is applied to fine fabric such as silk). They are set with diamonds, sapphires and rubies (24 stones, each circa 0.04 carats and 0.7 carats in total), and were made in England, c.1890.
Weight: 12.2 gram
Dimensions: 1.8 x 1.2 cm.
Price € 5.000,- to € 10.000
The second pair is a striking pair of gold, steel and diamond cufflinks. In 18K gold, with old-cut diamonds set into the steel, the cufflinks are signed Tiffany & Co, c.1880. Already sold though.
They feature and are illustrated in the book: ‘Cufflinks’ by Susan Jonas and Marilyn Nissenson, page: 27.
All images and information on these two pieces of jewelry are courtesy Kunsthandel Inez Stodel: period jewellery – antiques